Differences between emo and goth are given here. Emo is a subculture that originated in the mid-1980s in the United States from the emo musical genre, while goths are a subculture that began in the United Kingdom in the late 1970s from the gothic rock.
Emo is a subculture or urban tribe that was born in the 1980s in the United States in Washington D. C around the musical genre emo, which is a subgenre of hardcore punk and has a particular aesthetic.
The features were not developed until the 2000s as the first emos dressed in a hardcore punk aesthetic. It’s from “Spock Rock” that the fashion guidelines that emo follow were established. Today they carry aspects of oyster sub-cultures such as goth, grunge, punk, skateboard, and rockabilly.
For adolescents, it is linked to a hairstyle and clothing aesthetic that consists of skinny pants, short-sleeved shirts, straight hair with bangs that cover one or both eyes and they can use dark makeup around the eyes.
It is a subcultural movement that occurs in several countries and began in the United Kingdom between the late 1970s and early 80s within a gothic rock. Its aesthetics and culture come from the influence of horror literature, horror movies, and BDSM.
They share aesthetic, musical, and cultural tastes. Although gothic music has diverse genres and styles, they have a dark look and sound in common.
His style of clothing is influenced by deathrock, punk, androgynous style, and on occasion clothing from the Renaissance and Victorian times. They wear black suits, black makeup, and red or black lipstick.
suggested video: emo and goth
Differences between emo and goth
- The term emo is related to emotional hardcore. It was an attempt by many bands to experiment with chaotic patterns and expressions in primitive and abstract forms.
- The gothic movement is associated with gothic rock. It is characterized by its dark, introspective, and romantic style.
- The emo movement is a musical style that comes from punk-rock and post-hardcore and was reinvented with a pop, punk, and indie sound.
- Gothic was born in the early ’80s and has dark and hipster themes.
- The emo style was born in the United States.
- The Gothic style was born in the United Kingdom.