What are some examples of viral diseases?
Here is the list of some viral diseases in humans:
- common cold and types of flue
- herpes and cold sores
1) INFLUENZA Cause It is commonly known as flue and is caused by the virus Myxovire influenza. Symptom
- Influenza appears after a few day incubation periods (the period between the first introduction of the germ and the first appearance of the symptoms of the diseases).
- The disease appears with sudden and severe headache, severe pain, in the muscles, the back and limbs, sore throat, high fever, and a tendency to pulmonary complications.
- The patient feels extremely weak.:
- Influenza is a very infectious disease and can easily be passed from one person to another. The virus is airborne and breathed in the air.
- Though no anti-flu vaccine has been invented yet the disease can be overcome by complete rest and taking a pain killers.
- The spread of viruses can be limited by sneezing, coughing, or breathing of patients with the handkerchief on its mouth.
2) POLIOMYLITIS Cause
- It is also known as infantile paralysis. This disease ¡s caused by the poliovirus.
- The virus enters the digestive tract through the mouth, from where it penetrates the blood vessels and finally reaches the nervous system where it destroys the nerve cells and causes paralysis.
- The initial symptoms of the disease are similar to these of common cold accompanied by fever, headache, indigestion and also vomiting, stiffness of the neck and back paralysis, and spasm of a muscle.
- Infection is transmitted with’ the nose and throat discharges and feces.
- The patient suffering from poliomyelitis should be isolated and immediately hospitalized.
- Physiotherapy should be applied to restore the activity of the affected muscles.
- The discharge of the patient should be disinfected.
- Children can be immunized against the disease with the polio vaccine.
3) MEASLES Cause
- This disease occurs due to a virus that enters the human body through the respiratory tract.
- When it enters the blood system the measles virus causes running nose, cough, headache, fever, and inflammation of eyes.
Spots in the mouth are present for several days before the rash comes out and are diagnostic of measles.
- The patient is often very ill.
- The disease affects adults more s seriously children speared all over the body.
- The rashes of measles are pink brownish blotches.
- It begins to fade after a few days hut staining of the skin may persist for a week or two.
- The temperature falls after a few days and by the end of a week, the patient feels well again.
- There is no specific treatment for measles; antibiotics are often used to prevent secondary complications.
- MMR vaccines are given to children to develop resistance.
4) AIDS (Acquired immune-Deficiency Syndrome) Cause The disease AIDS or Acquired immune-Deficiency Syndr0me is caused by 111V. HIV stands for the human immune-deficiency virus. Symptoms
- HIV infects lymphocytes (a type of W.B.C), and in particular, it destroys T cells. Several years after jnfecti0t with the virus the level of T cells becomes so low that the immune system of the individual becomes weak enough to fight any of the pathogens which somehow enters the body.
- After about ten years of initial infection with HIV, a person is likely to develop symptoms Of AIDS.
- They become very vulnerable to other infections such as pneumonia. .
- They may develop cancer because one function of the immune system is to destroy body cells which may he beginning to produce cancer.
- Brains cells arc also quite often damaged by IIIV.
- A person with AIDS usually dies of a collection of several illnesses.
- The AIDS yins can be transferred through persons to person sexual contact, Infected syringes blood transfUSi0fl sputum eye water, etc.
- There is still no cure for AIDS.
- Researchers are trying to develop new drugs, to kill the virus without damaging the person’s Own cells.
- As yet no vaccine has been produced despite millions of pounds e being spent on research.
Why the following insects are important?
- Honey bee
- Honey been is a useful insect. .
- It produces honey which is used as food as well as medicine.
- Silkworm is a larva of a moth, an insect.
- The silk of finest quality IS produced through the activity of silkworm.
- Silk is used for human attire, hides, spread, etc.