Selling is the exchange of services and products. It is in turn understood as a contract where the subject acting as the seller transmits a right, goods or services to the buyer in exchange for a certain amount of money. Selling can be both a personal and impersonal process where the buyer can be influenced by the seller.
Different types of sales:
- Inside Sales.
- Outside Sales.
- Sales support function
- Client services sales
- Lead Generation sales
- Business development managers sales
- Account Managers.
- Consultative Selling sales
Sales can be classified according to the buyer and the use that will be given to the purchase:
- Wholesale sales: within this classification, the acquired goods are destined to be resold or to be used in the production of other goods or services. This type of purchase allows access to certain savings.
- Retail sales: within this type of transaction, the sale is direct to the last consumer, that is, it should not continue in the market, but rather that personal consumption is destined.
The volume of sales is much less than in the case of wholesale purchases.
Furthermore, sales can be organized taxonomically according to the way they are carried out :
- Personal sales: The relationship between the buyer and the seller is direct, it is made personally. It is considered the most effective sale since it generates greater possibilities of being able to convince the potential buyer.
- Mail-order sales: Products are offered to potential buyers via letters, catalogs, videos, brochures, samples, among other methods, always using mail as a medium. Along with the shipment is included a form that enables the order.
These types of sales allow potential buyers to be identified and the results to be quickly evaluated.
- Telephone sales: Also known as telemarketing, these sales are started and ended over the phone. There are certain products that are more effective in selling them without being seen, some examples are affiliations to organizations or clubs, subscriptions to newspapers, magazines, among others.
- Sales by vending machines: The sale is made without any contact between the seller and the buyer. The result is a more practical purchase since they can be located in certain places where other sales are not accessible.
- Internet sales: also called online sales. The products or services that want to be sold are displayed on Internet sites. This allows potential buyers to know the characteristics of the product they want to access. The purchase can be made online and then the product can be shipped to your home.