The Difference between Sensor and Transducer is given here.
A sensor is a device that has the ability to detect external actions or stimuli and respond to them. A transducer is a device that provides usable output in response to a specific physical quantity, property, or condition that you want to measure.
What is Sensor?
It is a team capable of detecting actions or external stimuli and responding to them. It transforms physical or chemical quantities into electrical quantities. They are artifacts that allow obtaining information from the environment and interacting with it.
An example of a sensor is microphones, which pick up sound waves and transform them. Depending on the circuit connected to them, they can allow a computer to react to the stimulus of the voice.
Another example is image sensors, these capture light and allow you to take pictures or record videos.
What is Transducer?
It is a piece of equipment that provides a usable output in response to a physical magnitude, property, or condition to be measured. It is a device that converts a physical phenomenon into an electrical signal or vice versa.
The transducers that emit an electrical output are composed of:
- Sensor, which is in contact with the physical quantity.
- Auxiliary mechanisms.
- Pickup, which provides an electrical signal.
- Signal preamplifier or conditioner
The transducers can be:
Analog Transducers: Provide a continuous analog signal.
Digital transducers: They produce a digital output signal in the form of parallel status bits, or through a series of pulses that can be counted.
The transducers must meet certain parameters:
- Operating range.
- Response speed.
An example of a transducer can be a loudspeaker, in this case, it is in charge of transforming the electrical current into sound vibrations.
Sensor vs Transducer
Difference between Sensor and Transducer in points
- The sensors measure physical or chemical quantities and transform them into electrical variables.
- A transducer transforms or converts a certain type of input energy into a completely different type of output. It allows the electrical variable of the sensor to be converted into a signal to be transmitted.