A rectangle is a polygon with four sides ( quadrilateral ) equal to two to two. In addition, its four interior angles are right angles (90º). In this post, you will be able to learn about Types of Rectangle with properties, the formula to find the Area of Rectangle, and the Perimeter of Rectangle with Examples.
Keep Reading …
Parts of Rectangle
- Sides: It has four sides, each side being equal to its opposite ( a and b ), that is, two to two.
- Angles: its four angles (α) are equal and straight 90º (π/2 radians). The interior angles, as in all quadrilaterals, add up to 360º (2π radians).
- Diagonals – Diagonals are segments joining opposite vertices. It has two equal diagonals ( D 1 and D 2 ) that intersect at the center of the rectangle.
- Axes of symmetry: they are imaginary lines that divide the rectangle into two symmetrical parts with respect to said axis. It has two axes of symmetry ( E 1, E 2 ) parallel to sides a and b and passing through the center of the rectangle.
How to find Area of Rectangle?
The area of the rectangle is calculated from the two different sides ( a and b ). It is the product of the two contiguous sides of the rectangle.
Area of Rectangle = Length of Rectangle x Width of Rectangle
X = a x b
Where “a” and “b” are the length and width respectively.
Let be a rectangle whose sides are equal two to two in length a = 3 cm and b = 5 cm.
The area of the rectangle will be the product of the two different sides, that is:
X = 3cm x 5cm
X = 15 cm. cm
Formula to Perimeter of Rectangle
The perimeter of a rectangle can be found by the following formula:
Perimeter of Rectangle= 2(Length + Breadth)
Y = 2 ( x + y )
where “x” and “y” are the length and breadth of the Rectangle.
- The opposing sides are equal and parallel.
- Each angle on the inside is a right angle.
- The diagonals are equal in length and bisect each other.