Best Telescopes for kids reviews
One way to introduce children to the world of astronomy, in a fun way, is with a telescope. Observing the moon and planets can be an unforgettable activity for the little ones.
However, many telescopes for kids are often toys that do not allow for quality image viewing, so buying them can be a waste of money.
For this reason, we have prepared this guide so that you can get a telescope designed for children’s use, that is of good quality, and with which you can awaken your children’s love of astronomy.
See also: Telescopes Types
Tips for choosing a good telescope for kids
To know which children’s telescope you should buy, you must take into account some recommendations, such as the different models and characteristics of each one:
- Age of the child: when choosing a telescope for children’s use, you must take into account the age of the child. If it is for a child of preschool age, you should choose a basic and simple to handle model. If on the contrary, it is an older child, you can choose a more advanced instrument.
- Mount: as it is a telescope for children use, try to acquire a model with an easy-to-handle mount, which is soft when moved. The most recommended is altazimuth mount since children can quickly learn to use it.
- Opening: when buying a telescope for children you can do without a very wide mount. With a telescope around 70mm in diameter, it is more than enough for children to capture sharp images of the moon and planets.
- Adjustable tripod: it is very important that the tripod or the base of the telescope is adjustable in height so that the child can see through the instrument comfortably and safely. Photographic tripods are highly recommended.
- Design and accessories: when buying a children’s telescope, look at the design of the tube, there are models that come with striking drawings of the planets and stars, which are very attractive for the little ones. Also, a good option is those that include lunar or star maps that help children to better locate the details of the captured images.
Best telescopes for kids Reviews
This is an ideal telescope for children to start observing the moon, which is, perhaps, the easiest celestial object to see. Therefore, it is a recommended telescope to begin to understand the world of astronomy. Its aperture is 50 mm, it is ideal for capturing sharp images.
This is a refracting telescope that comes with two basic H6 and H20 lenses, perfect for viewing lunar craters and other details on the lunar surface. In addition, its 37 cm high tripod is perfect for the little ones since they can observe comfortably.
If you want to buy this telescope, go to Amazon now and take advantage of their offers.
This is a perfect telescope for children and beginners, it is a refractor and has an aperture of 50mm and focal length of 360mm, very useful for observing the moon, planets, and stars, as well as landscapes and animals. It brings 2 SR4mm and H20mm eyepieces, with which you can achieve an image magnification of up to 90 times.
It comes with a tripod that reaches 34 cm, perfect for children since they can make their observations comfortably. It is built-in an aluminum alloy that makes it light and very easy to transport.
If you are looking for a telescope that your children and adults can use, this is a very good option. It has an aperture of 60 mm and thanks to its multi-layer Bak4 prism glass, it reduces distortion, capturing very sharp and bright images.
The tripod is adjustable in height and the structure is completely waterproof, so you can use it even in humid climates without problems. Bring a phone adapter, so you can take pictures and have great memories of your observations.
If you decide on this telescope for children, we recommend that you look for it on Amazon, and take advantage of its excellent offers.
Clestron travel telescope
This is an ideal telescope for children as it is compact and lightweight, which makes it easy to manipulate. It has a 50mm aperture and a 360mm focal length, perfect for viewing planets, constellations, and the moon. In addition, it comes with 2 increases, with which you can enlarge the images while maintaining their sharpness and brightness.
Its altazimuth mount is ideal for little ones, as it is very easy to move. The aluminum photographic tripod keeps the instrument very stable, and it is also light. This telescope also comes with a backpack, so your children can take it anywhere safely.
This is a children’s telescope that combines functionality with modern design so that your children feel like experts in astronomy. It comes with a 50mm aperture and 600mm focal length, ideal for observing the planets and the moon, as well as the stars.
It brings two eyepieces H12.5 mm and H20 mm, with which you can see even the lunar craters, clearly. Its finder is very easy to use since the brightness of its red dots increases as the celestial object is aimed. The tripod is adjustable in height and has a tray to place accessories, perfect for children. It also includes a smartphone adapter.
The best thing is that you don’t have to leave your home to buy it, go to Amazon now and take advantage of its excellent discounts.